Carl Sandburg College is pleased to provide the latest technology for its students.
Student Email Account
Students access their student email by logging into mySandburg and using the link provided at the top of the page. Every Sandburg student will be assigned their own student email account using the following format: email@example.com. It is very important for students to monitor and check their Sandburg email account. This is where the College sends important information about your grades, schedule and midterm warnings. It is also where your instructors send you important messages and reminders about your courses.
The Tech Help desk is located in the Library. Normal hours are posted on the College website and outside of the library entrance.
If you have any questions regarding technology or need support, please visit the Tech Help website at sandburg.edu/techhelp, call 309.341.5446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self Service Student
mySandburg is your link to your student account information such as billing, financial aid and planning your schedule. It is also your source for College news and announcements and your starting point for access to online tools such as email, Office365, your Moodle courses, WebAdvisor, calendar and other resources. mySandburg Login:
- Go to: mySandburg
- Click “Login” Example Login: jrsmith0105
- If you do not know your password, use the link provided below the “Login” button. For assistance contact the Help Desk at 309.341.5446
All students have Microsoft Office365 and OneDrive. Clicking on the email link in the mySandburg portal will open your student Office365 email account. The menu bar at the top of the screen gives students access to OneDrive. Clicking OneDrive will give students access to 7GB of cloud-based storage and web-based Microsoft Office applications.
Wireless Access & Printing
All Sandburg campus locations are wireless-enabled. Connect to the “Student Wireless” network on your device. Open a browser and navigate to the College webpage. You will be prompted to enter your login credentials for access to the network. Wireless printing can be accessed by clicking the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the mySandburg page. You will be required to login again. Click the “Print” button and follow the on-screen prompts.
Dell Premier Partnership
The College has partnered with Dell Computer Corporation to offer PCs, laptops, printers and other technology equipment at discounted prices. Go to www.Dell.com/CarlSandburgCollege. Discount is already applied; no need for coupon code or member number.
Technology and Assignments
- Ensure you have reliable access to a computer and the internet.
- Plan for glitches in technology. You never know when problems will occur. Make sure you understand if your exams must be proctored (supervised by a college staff or faculty) and plan in advance.
- Avoid missing deadlines - don’t wait until the last minute.
- There are computers available for student use throughout the campus and in the Library. Public libraries also have computers available for use. Visit the computer lab located in the library, E230.
- Refer to the “Technology Resources” page for information on how to login to the mySandburg portal and access your courses.