Dec 09, 2023
This degree program will train students for entry-level agribusiness positions and includes coursework to prepare graduates for advancement into supervisory or management positions in agriculture business areas including input retail, grain marketing operations, ethanol production, dealership operations, agronomic services, and livestock management. Positions could include: Ag Business Office Managers, Ag Operations Specialists and Managers, Customer Support Representatives and Managers, Ag Sales and Services Representatives and Managers, and Farm Managers.
Agribusiness AAS Program Goals
- Explore career opportunities in the agribusiness sector
- Understand basic concepts of animal science, plant science, soil science, horticulture, agribusiness management, agricultural mechanics, and agricultural resources
- Demonstrate basic and advanced technological, mathematic, accounting, and supervisory skills commonly utilized in agribusiness
- Apply management skills to make sound planning and operational decisions in the multiple sectors of agribusiness
- Demonstrate knowledge to work safely and effectively in an agribusiness environment
- Develop basic employability and soft skills including accountability, work ethic, communication, conflict resolution, and customer service
- Demonstrate workplace skills through an agriculture internship experience
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Department of Career & Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details.
Dean of Career and Technical Education