Dec 06, 2022
This two-semester certificate program will train graduates for entry-level positions in the agribusiness industry and includes coursework to prepare students for employment in the agriculture career cluster pathway. Positions could include: Ag Business Office Personnel, Ag Operations Specialists, Customer Support Representatives, and Ag Sales and Service Representatives.
Agribusiness Certificate Program Goals
- Explore career opportunities in the agribusiness sector
- Understand basic concepts of animal science, plant science, soil science, horticulture, agribusiness management, agricultural mechanics, and agricultural resources
- Demonstrate basic and advanced technological and mathematic skills commonly utilized in agribusiness
- Apply management skills to make sound planning and operational decisions in the multiple sectors of agribusiness
- Demonstrate knowledge to work safely and effectively in an agribusiness environment
- Develop basic employability and soft skills including accountability, work ethic, communication, conflict resolution, and customer service
- Demonstrate workplace skills through an agriculture internship experience
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Department of Career & Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details.
Dean of Career and Technical Education