Dec 04, 2023
The Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management certificate is designed for students wishing to start their own business in an entrepreneurial environment or for students who are interested in managing a small business in a variety of business sectors, including wholesale, manufacturing, health care, food service, and governmental agencies. This certificate will provide students with an introduction to business organization and operations. It will also provide students with the knowledge and insight necessary to develop strong management skills, which are often necessary for advancement to supervisory positions in a small business.
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Certificate Program Goals
- To provide organized subject matter and learning experiences related to the tasks performed by individuals who intend to own and operate their own small business enterprise and/or have primary responsiblity for management a small business enterprise.
- To provide program completers int he Small Business Management program with the knowledge and skills to enable them to pursue their occupation to the best possible advantage.
- To provide training on the post-secondary level, to aid the high school graduate, the person presently employed, or unemployed in obtaining a position in the field of small business management.
- A minumum of 75% of students completing the program would obtain related employment (excluding students going on for further study, marriage or military).
- A minumum of 50% of the students not completing the program, but who would have three or more courses from within the major would obtain gainful employment in the area studied (excluding program change, marriage or service).
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Department of Social & Business Sciences
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details .
Assistant Professor, History/ Political Science
Associate Dean of Social and Business Sciences