Sep 27, 2023
This two-semester program will train graduates for entry-level positions in the agriculture, food, and natural resources areas as represented in the agriculture career cluster pathway. Positions could include: Production Workers, Farmhands, Sales Representatives, Lab Assistants, Forestry Workers, Veterinary Assistants, Animal Caretakers, Graders and Sorters, Landscaping and Lawn Servicers, Nursery and Greenhouse Workers, Computer Network Support Personnel, and Welders.
Agriculture Certificate Program Goals
- Understand basic concepts in animal science, plant science, soil science, horticulture, agricultural resources, agribusiness management, and agriculture mechanics
- Develop the ability to understand and demonstrate the importance of wildlife, conservation, and forestry
- Understand the concepts of plant growth including photosynthesis
- Identify and understand the role of greenhouses in plant production
- Understand the different types of livestock, the concepts of livestock processing, and the growth and development of livestock
- Identify and utilize the different types of welding techniques used in the agriculture industry
- Develop an awareness of the mechanical and technological components of the agriculture industry while gaining a working knowledge of gas and diesel engines and the ability to apply the fundamentals of small engine repair
- Understand the different types of computer programs used in the agriculture industry and the importance of utilizing computers and technology to aid in the production process
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Department of Career & Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details .
Dean of Career and Technical Education