This curriculum prepares students with the efficient skill level needed to meet the fast-paced demands of administrative/executive work. Hardware installation and maintenance, windows networking and operating systems, business communications, and report writing courses are taken to build on the knowledge and skills acquired by completing the certificate. Graduates are qualified for positions as administrative/ executive assistants and office managers.
This degree is designed to build on the Administrative Office Assistant certificate.
Administrative Office Professions Program Goals
- Achieve the skills and knowledge necessary to gain entry-level employment in careers in the administrative office professional discipline
- Achieve the skills and knowledge necessary for advancement in the career
- Achieve a general education background in business and in oral/written communication
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission to the College and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process
Department of Career and Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details .