Dec 04, 2023
This program is designed for the student who desires to prepare for employment in the accounting function of many different types of organizations. Manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales, governmental, and non-profit organizations all require competent accounting personnel to keep accurate records and provide analysis of the effect of management decisions on day-to-day business activities. Satisfactory completion of this curriculum will provide competence for positions in accounting.
Accounting AAS Program Goals
- Post-secondary preparation
- Entry level accounting skills
- Professional development for advancment opportunities
- Work as an assistant to an accountant, accounting professional, or in an accounting firm.
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process
Department of Social & Business Sciences
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details .
Associate Dean of Social and Business Sciences
Assistant Professor, History/Political Science