Dec 04, 2023
This program is designed for the student who desires to work as an assistant to an accountant or accounting professional. Persons who take positions as accounting assistants need competence in the theory and practice of areas such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, merchandise accounting and fixed asset accounting. Standard record-keeping practices are also required. Satisfactory completion of this certificate program will provide an appropriate background for an entry-level position as a bookkeeper or an assistant in an accounting department.
Accounting Certificate Program Goals
- Post-secondary preparation
- Entry level accounting skills
- Professioanl development for advancement opportunities
- Work as a bookkeeper or an assistant to an accountant, accounting professional, or in an accounting firm.
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process
Department of Social & Business Sciences
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details .
Select two of the following:
Associate Dean of Social and Business Sciences
Assistant Professor, History/Political Science