Mar 04, 2024
This two-semester certificate program will train graduates for entry-level positions and includes coursework to prepare students for employment in the agricultural mechanic profession represented in the agriculture career cluster pathway. Positions could include: Ag Equipment Mechanics, Customer Support Representatives, Ag Machinery Sales and Service Representatives, Farmhands, and Landscaping and Lawn Servicers.
Agricultural Mechanization Certificate Program Goals
- Explore career opportunities in the agricultural mechanization and technology sector
- Understand basic concepts of animal science, plant science, soil science, horticulture, agribusiness management, agricultural mechanics, and agricultural resources
- Demonstrate basic and advanced technical and mathematical skills commonly utilized in entry-level agricultural mechanization and related positions
- Understand the safe and proper operations of agricultural equipment
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs to agricultural electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic machines/equipment
- Develop basic employability and soft skills including accountability, work ethic, communication, conflict resolution, and customer service
- Demonstrate workplace skills through an agriculture internship experience
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Department of Career & Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details
Dean of Career and Technical Education