This program prepares students to work in career fields of computer support, maintenance and repair. Students will receive training in computer hardware, software, and support. Students will learn about computer hardware components, system operating systems, and application software. Jobs in computer maintenance can be found in such career fields as PC Support Technician, Computer Help Desk, and Computer Configuration Specialist. This certificate prepares students for the CompTia A+ and MCTS certification exams.
Computer Support Certificate Program Goals
- Work with the help desk and other technicians to respond to IT support needs.
- Setup and troubleshoot computers and peripherals devices.
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Information and Communication Technology Course Completion Requirement
For credit toward degree requirements, all ICT courses must have been completed during the five school years preceding conference of the degree or must have the approval of the Dean of Career and Technical Education Programs or Program Coordinator.
*NOTE: Computer Support Certificate conferred upon successful completion of the required 15 hours contained in the first semester of this program.
Department of Career & Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details.