Jan 16, 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: The American Welding Society - Level 1 Certificate may be of interest to you. Industrial Welding Technology-MIG Option/GMAW is currently under review. Please contact the Welcome Center (309.345.3500 or email@example.com) or your advisor for more information.
This two-semester certificate is designed to provide the graduate with skills needed to enter employment in local industry with skills and knowledge that emphasizes training and the entry-level competence for MIG welding. The welding program emphasizes welding skill proficiency through lab activities and projects as learning activities. All of the courses contain essential components required for success in the industry today such as mathematics, communication, attendance, and productivity.
- Increased labor pool to replace retiring workers
- Increased selection for new hires
- Overall increased quality of work force
- Overall increased quality of manufacturing in western Illinois
- Increased technical expertise of existing work force
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Department of Career & Technical Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details.
Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
Dean of Career and Technical Education
The Center for Manufacturing Excellence (CME) offers classroom space, a computer lab, and houses Carl Sandburg College’s welding program. The College’s weld lab offers 26 bay stations. The welding area offers two welding simulators, as well as state of the art multi process welding machines.